Free School Meals
Your child will be entitled to free school meals if you have any of the following benefits.
- Income support
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Guarantee element of Pension credit
- Child tax credit as long as you do not get a working tax credit and your taxable income is less than £16'190.00
- If you are supported under the part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you are a young person aged 16-19 and claim any of the above benefits in your own right and you are still in full time education you are also entitled to free school meals.
Note: From 1st May 2009 where a parent is entitled to working tax credit during the four week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their child are entitled to free school lunches.
To claim free school meals please contact education benefits on 01942 828644 or click here to be directed to the Wigan Council site for more information.
Please be aware if you have any changes to your circumstances, address etc you need to inform the benefit section of this as this will affect your entitlement.